WGIRLS INC. Seeks National Program Intern- The WGIRLS INC. is hiring a National Program Intern to work directly with our Founder on Project G.L.A.M related activities . Interested candidates should submit their credentials, instagram handles and a writing sample to email@example.com by February 23rd, 2017
About WGIRLS INC – WGIRLS is a philanthropic organization of women dedicated to empowering women and children in underserved communities by volunteering and providing support, while training our members to develop them into effective volunteers. Through fundraising and volunteer activities for specific WGIRLS INC. programming, and partnerships with other 501(c)(3) organizations who support our mission, our members make a considerable impact in the lives of women and children in need in their local communities. The organization is 100% volunteer-run with no paid employees. It is headquartered in Manhattan, New York and managed virtually with leadership in both Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Manhattan, New York.
About Project G.L.A.M: Project Granting Lasting Amazing Memories (G.L.A.M) provides underprivileged young women with prom dresses and accompanying accessories so that they are able to enjoy the rite of passage of their high school prom. To date, WGIRLS has outfitted over 11,000 young women in need for Prom.
The Role: The National Program Intern will report directly into the president of the national board working on activities related to Project G.L.A.M. including social media, brand awareness, operations, organizational implementation, online communications, etc.
Ideal Applicants: The ideal candidate is a college junior or senior marketing major in New York or New Jersey available remotely 5 -7 hours per week through the duration of the second semester. Applicants should be detail-oriented, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, be comfortable with user-friendly web technology particularly Instagram, able to work independently without direct oversight, and have an interest in volunteerism and fundraising. Applicants with experience building online brand awareness will be are preferred.
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Manage the Project G.L.A.M Instagram account
- Identify and develop partnership opportunities for the program
- Attend a 1 hour phone call per week
- Check and respond to email on a daily basis
- Proofread documents and web content
- Organize communication from various parties
- Assist in the operational task related to the roll out of the Spring 2017 Project G.L.A.M event
- Interns will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic group of young professional women who possess strong networks in their professional fields throughout the country.
- Access to an incredible learning environment ideally suited for future entrepreneurs, social activists, event planners, and non-profit employees
- The WGIRLS INC. will work with schools to provide credit whenever possible, however internships are unpaid