Our Mission WGIRLS is a philanthropic organization of women dedicated to empowering women and children in underserved communities by volunteering and providing support, while training our members to develop them into effective volunteers.
Our Vision WGIRLS believes that all women and children regardless of race, religion or financial situation, deserve access to quality education, healthcare, strong, positive influences for themselves and their children, and a safe and loving home. To that end, the WGIRLS creates programming and supports partner organizations who share our mission to meet the following goals:
Encourage all disadvantaged women and children to rise above their circumstances in pursuit of education, financial independence and self sufficiency
- Provide quality healthcare to disadvantaged women and children
- Provide quality education and career opportunities to disadvantaged women and children throughout our local communities and the surrounding areas
- Afford disadvantaged children and their families’ amenities such as new clothing, toiletries, school supplies and gifts during the holidays so that they may experience a sense of pride and normalcy in their everyday lives
- Provide a safe haven for women and children who are victims of domestic abuse
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment for the children of disadvantaged working mothers